Bro Force (prototype)

Comments

• edited
    @Elyaradine I don't exactly understand your problem :/

Are the Steam Keys account locked? Humble are meant to offer support on the sales front, so I don't trouble shoot these problems much. Though this is something support @ freelives . net may have dealt with a bunch already.

[Edit] @Elyaradine Humble got back to us with this:
    Eduardo said:
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know the double key and not being able to gift one issue was fixed. Sorry I was not able to give you a heads up sooner!
    I'm not sure if that fixes your problem? (it sounds like a similar problem?)
  • So much <3 for Eduardo :)
  • @blackshipsfillthesky HAS IRANIUM-TIPPED FREEDOM HAS ENABLED YOU TO DOUBLE HEART!?

Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 4.49.50 PM.png
    348 x 152 - 23K
  • edited
    @BlackShipsFilltheSky: Yeah, fixed! Thanks! :D Turns out I hadn't bought the 2-pack, which just means I get to buy it for people as a gift.

That helicopter boss that travels up the level with you is haaaaard. I think I died over fifty times before I finished that level. :D
  • edited
    @Elyaradine Glad that's sorted...

Were you playing on "hard" mode? I think the helicopter boss is too difficult (even not on hard mode). I think we're going to adjust it (now).

Thanks for the feedback!

@Tuism I can't share my secret, because then the admins are going to take it away, I must use it very very sparingly.
  • Oh no, that helicopter isn't such a threat ^^ at least, not much more than on Normal mode.
    In Normal mode yes, it must be the level I've played the most due to its difficulty, even more when it comes to play with other bros. The problem isn't really the helicopter, but more the level design which makes you kill yourself a bit too easily :p
  • I just had Broforce pop up in Steam as one of the promoted games. It's like a real thing :)
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • @Douzeju lol, still visiting here : )

Yes, we've adjusted the level (not the copter itself). It's just *slightly* less chaotic in a couple trouble spots. It might make a subtle difference, if it's not enough we'll simplify the level a bit further.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6NoKGsFNJI
    ole' Jimmy Sterling already gone online, first vid I've seen since the Early Access. thus far looks like good advertising... well done gents.
  • @BlackShipsFilltheSky

What did you have to do to get on Steam, I'm under the impression that it's nearly impossible with green-light around, unless you have a publisher?
  • critic said:
    @BlackShipsFilltheSky

What did you have to do to get on Steam, I'm under the impression that it's nearly impossible with green-light around, unless you have a publisher?
    Greenlight is no obstacle for a bro
  • That explains it, nicely done.
  • Now this is something to broast about! Well done guys!
  • @Elyaradine you should have a little gift icon for the second key which humble will email to the person you want to gift the game to.
  • critic said:
    @BlackShipsFilltheSky

I'm not @BlackShipsFilltheSky, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the only SA developer to get a Steam contract independently without going through either Greenlight or a publisher. In 2011 I met someone from Valve at E3, where I was showing Desktop Dungeons as part of the IndieCade showcase, that led to a bunch of emails about where the game was going and what we wanted to do with it before Valve said "Yeah, we want this game, here's a bunch of contracts to look through".

Bottom line: Make a good game. Know why it's a good game. Make it a thing that you can sell and that WILL sell on Steam. Be able to tell people all of the previous things with style and brevity. Network your ass off. Go to international events, show your game at the biggest conferences in the world, beat Minecraft in international game design awards.

Greenlight is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier. Provided you make a good game.
  • What is this I see about a Flappy Pig?
  • Whoo. This is number one on my Steam wish list.
  • The Game Grumps play-through of Broforce is hilarious. Multiplayer clearly adds an extra layer of insanity.

Thanked by 1danelle
  • @BlackShipsFilltheSky: FYI: you just had a pretty cool mention on tested.com (jump to 2:32:05)

• Anyone heard of this game PieDiePie played yesterday?
    Thanked by 1danelle
  • Over 800K views already... Good timing too, just as Broforce drops off the main banner. You guys jumped out of the 30s into the 20s on the top seller list, hope it keeps moving up!
  • While we're at it, Jim Sterling's play through (thought he'd have a bigger audience than this though):

• A duo of well known french youtubers also did a video on Broforce :D
  • edited
    My favourite Let's Play NerdCubed plays BroForce!

This may be the greatest game to ever grace the universe...
    ...It's very hard to make comments about this game considering that I just feel like I'm making it less awesome by talking...
  • I watched pewdiepie play it yesterday, it was cool to see someone playing it for the first time, not knowing anything about it, he really liked it .may the broforce be with you.
    Thanked by 1Kobusvdwalt9
  • I found this in my rss reader today :) Scott Johnson does various comics on gaming culture, and he did one on Broforce. Win!
    MyExtraLife
  • another article on Kotaku, some spoilers though, as far as bros goes: http://kotaku.com/meet-the-action-movie-bros-of-broforce-1581695482
  • Bought the game on steam. Good work guys. Marketing was excellent. Gameplay is fun.
  • @Crocopede Thanks for the kind words!

We've released an update to Broforce:

• I see that the Double Impact Update has gotten Broforce featured on the Steam front page again, epic!
  • edited
    Erm, I think it is okay now to remove "prototype" from the title? :) I saw this mentioned on my fav website... Blues News the other day. Great stuff guys...
  • @konman lol. I'd rather keep it "prototype" for nostalgia. I don't want to update the first post again either. In any case, if I remove the "prototype" label it won't be clear that the game started in this community.
    Thanked by 1Kobusvdwalt9
  • @BlackShipsFilltheSky...weeeeell, you do have a splash screen...and there is this make games logo thing.... :P
  • thanks guys, just finished the campaign and much fun was had. The massive helicopter boss was a pretty cool boss, not particularly
    difficult, but was the most fun/had the most impressive death method of the lot imo.
  • thanks guys, just finished the campaign and much fun was had. The massive helicopter boss was a pretty cool boss, not particularly
    difficult, but was the most fun/had the most impressive death method of the lot imo.
    That's nice to hear, we were receiving complaints about that boss being far too hard but we made some adjustments in the latest version.
  • Congrats guys. BroForce on the Sony conference at e3

Wow
  • I just saw this video on GameTrailers! Wow well done!
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • edited
    The VFX guys from youtube playing Broforce on their new Gaming channel :)
    Might see a big bump in traffic all of a sudden!

Thanked by 2Tuism dislekcia
  • JediN1nja said:
    I would wager that the 3 or 4 pewdiepie videos did much much much more than the VFX vid. I think their traffic is one big constant spike if you look at all of the coverage this game has gotten.
  • JediN1nja said:
    I would wager that the 3 or 4 pewdiepie videos did much much much more than the VFX vid. I think their traffic is one big constant spike if you look at all of the coverage this game has gotten.
    I didn't realise they got so much coverage, after I posted I scrolled up and saw! Wow! :D
    Super proud!

• McDonalds has a magazine? Whut?

Also, sounds like you guys rocked the Devolver parking lot! Did you teach them how to braai properly?
  • edited
    I don't know. I think we could learn a thing or two from Jenni's barbeque. The parking lot was easily the best place to be at E3, free beer, free barbeque, good tunes.
  • Hey. Are you getting your game onto the PS4 and PS Vita with Sony's indie development program? If so, how hard was it to be accepted? I was thinking that one day when the time comes I should apply for my game. Are you allowed to give keys or promotion codes for the game?
  • @charly Unfortunately I can't be much help to you. Devolver negotiated with Sony as they had an existing relationship. I don't know about giving away keys either, Broforce isn't downloadable from the Playstation network yet and we've never had a game up there before.
  • @charly Unfortunately I can't be much help to you. Devolver negotiated with Sony as they had an existing relationship. I don't know about giving away keys either, Broforce isn't downloadable from the Playstation network yet and we've never had a game up there before.
    Thanks. I appreciate it. Can't wait til I can pay BroForce on PS4.
  • This is the coolest thing I've seen in Broforce:

Thanked by 2JediN1nja Boysano
  • Holy crap. O_O
  • I think it's time I update my broforce!
  • Just saw Broforce is having a 33% sale on Steam! Congrats on spotlight! :D