I would like to provide 3D models for a game

edited in General
Im interested in making games,im not a developer but a 3d artist,i will attend the 30th July event in capetown so i hope to meet up with developers and see what we can do together.
WP_000036.jpg
2592 x 1944 - 1M
Thanked by 1DraughtVader

Comments

• Do you have an online portfolio of stuff you've made you can share?
  • @Fengol Not really an organised complete portfolio but i have some stuff that i have put together.But im planning to create models from scratch if i team up with someone for it.@Francoisvn oh yeah i mean 30th july,sorry i gotta correct that.
  • I believe what @Fengol meant, is that an online portfolio will help find someone because they can get a better idea of your capabilities.

Alternatively, you could have a look at some of the prototypes here and volunteer your services. Many of the prototypes could do with some better art.

See you at the meetup next week :)
  • @Grey I would invite you to join me, but I'm working on a 2D game at the moment. Perhaps in the future if someone hasn't snatched you up yet? Do you do animations as well?
  • Since you don't have a portfolio, my advise is instead of waiting for someone to ask you for help, pick a prototype (or prototypes) from the forums you like and start making models for it and post screenshots of them in this thread.

Like @francoisvn said, posting your work gives people an idea of your abilities.

Even if the game is 2D, make 3D models for it. You'll get the practice and show innovation.
  • edited
    @Grey, send me a message so we can talk some more about it.
  • cool,see you all next week .Will talk then.
  • <.<

>.>

a while ago I had a crazy idea that is simple to implement but would need a LOT of modeling and such. Here's the topic, Falling Down an Elevator Shaft Simulator 2014

also made a vlog about it recently :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZyNZYFb_EA&list=UUUFbPMD-Y2y4Wy0EuCJ_I9A#t=30

Not saying that it's definitely a good idea for what you want (or that I even have time to do the code for it :o ) but I thought I'd mention in case it leads to anything. But let's chat at the meetup if you might be keen (or just chat anyway) ^_^
    Thanked by 1Mexicanopiumdog