Freelancers on MGSA

edited in Questions and Answers
I know there is some sort of list of actual companies on MGSA, but is there any list or place to find the information of people who are actively freelancing on MGSA and what their skill sets might be?

Comments

• What happened to that list of companies we were gonna have? Easy enough to put a list of freelancers by that. I'm getting people who ask me where to go asking for people who might be able to do thing x related to game dev. I think we need something to serve that purpose. Portfolios category doesn't work, people will not be bothered to go in and out of a hundred threads looking for relevance when they want to find someone to pay.
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • @Fengol As @Tuism pointed out, going through portfolios is not an efficient way of finding out who is freelancing. If someone approaches me and says, hey, I'm looking for a great artist who does X, Y and Z who is currently freelancing, I would love to have a list to point them to.

I'm also unsure of who is freelancing (and available for work) and who is currently involved in a particular work project or contract that wouldn't allow them to do these things.

• I think having a list of people who freelance or could freelance is enough - expecting a list of freelancers AND availability is probably not going to work - well, people would have to update their own statuses, and we'd have to have a system for people to update their statuses, which means either making a new system or using the forum and having threads with replies such as "available for work" "busy on a project" "available again" etc. Which is not really cool cos it would of course float among the main forum contents.
  • @Tuism - I absolutely agree. What I meant by that is that we need a list of people who do freelance, rather than people who might share their portfolio for crit purposes, for example :)
  • dammit said:
    @Tuism - I absolutely agree. What I meant by that is that we need a list of people who do freelance, rather than people who might share their portfolio for crit purposes, for example :)
    Agreed!