Anyone else playing Crypt of the Necrodancer?

edited in General
OMG, this game :D

What have you figured out so far? I quite like winged boots. Torches are good. Combat is kinda hard...

More!

Comments

• Cool, looks really fun! Epic trailer! Sadly I can't afford it though... Future me might :)
  • I'm planning on picking it. Been coding to the soundtrack all week. Love the shopkeeper overlay effect they did on the tracks. So awesome...
  • Finally beat my first boss, the Conga level. The way that the beat changed to match the song nearly threw me completely, but it was a fun fight :)

I'm having a hard time with the shrines though - I'm not sure what they're all about. Sometimes you seem to get a bunch of items from them that you can pick, other times you get some weird effect on you and I can't tell if there's an upside to go with the downside of, say, being in constant darkness or dying if you miss ONE beat (the shrine that looks like a drum).

Also, glass items... So powerful, but they break if you get hit. Very neat idea.
  • Ohhh emmmm geeeee :D Squeeeee :D Never heard of this before, but daaaayum, it's awesome!!! Love it!! Will have to pick it up sometime :)

Here's a video for those who hasn't seen it:
  • I have rediscovered my horrible sense of rhythm....
  • Game works with DDR pads too. We might get some just for shiggles.
    Thanked by 1Ramperkash
  • edited
    Game works with DDR pads too. We might get some just for shiggles.
    Ahem...

... drool.
  • Yeah, we were looking at those, they're linked from the official site - but they're a bit spendy!