Ninja Crash wins 3rd prize at Dream.Build.Play, out October 16th on XBLIG

edited in Questions and Answers
I'd like to give a shout out to everyone at Make Games SA that has given us support and feedback on the project! It won 3rd prize at this year's Dream.Build.Play contest (https://www.dreambuildplay.com/main/winners.aspx#winnersXbox-tab), has cleared peer review at the MS Dev Center and will be out on the XBLIG marketplace on Tuesday, October 16th!

Edit:
Out now :)
Marketplace link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550c13
Release trailer -

Comments

• FUCKING SWEET! That's awesome, well done :D

You guys deserve it after all the work you've put into the game. Party time!

Seriously keen to see how XBLIG treats the game as well, I hope you can turn this DBP result into as much press/visibility/awareness as possible, let the pimping begin. Also, don't be shy to ask about them XBLA and Xbox Registered Dev Program spots, you might not get them for Ninja Crash, seeing as you're already ready to go on XBLIG, but you've proven that you've got the skills to produce and polish something till it shines, build that relationship as much as possible (don't wait for attention from MS internationally, grab it naow!)

Huge grats again, so stoked :D
  • Congrats!! :D It really looks sweet, hope it goes like wildfire! :D
  • Congratulations @ChristopherM! That's awesome!
  • Respect level > 9000
  • edited
    Grats guys!!!

Slightly tangentially Gateways, which came fourth, is on Steam. So I hope you guys can also get a Steam release, also the press normally give decent coverage to games that move XBLIG to Steam, and with the DBP you guys could make a great marketing push for the game.
  • Thanks folks!

@dislekcia: Thanks. The registered dev program has been on our raider. We're hoping to look into it more soon.

@Karuji: Yeah I've got Gateways on Xbox where I helped to peer review the updates. It's an absolutely ingenious game! Unfortunately Ninja Crash doesn't currently support online play, so since the game is best enjoyed with a buddy in campaign co-op or with 3-4 players in competitive play, we don't consider it viable for anything but home console. That is however, something we're hoping to change in the coming months :)
  • How big will the download be? :)
  • Awesome! Well done guys!
  • great work :) Can't wait to buy it :D
  • edited
    Thanks for all of the support folks! After a slight delay Ninja Crash is now available on XBLIG:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550c13

(requires an Xbox Live account under a region with XBLIG access to download)
  • Looks really great. Well done guys and best luck.
  • We have a new release trailer up:
  • Tweeted! I really like the bit at the end of the trailer showing how to find the game, that's super smart. It's also the perfect place for that, right on the trailer itself, because that's going to be the thing that's passed around - people don't need to go to a website to figure out how to get it.

Very curious to hear how you guys do, try not to refresh the sales info too many times a day ;)
  • edited
    Thanks Danny!

Hmmm I don't think I'll have any access to sales data until the end of the year when MS does their next quarterly round of payments to XBLIG devs. If they're even still paying XBLIG devs that is... MS's XBLIG support has gone from minimal a year ago to practically non-existent :(

Eg. The 50 pre-paid codes you're supposed to get for each release just disappeared last month and MS haven't even acknowledged that there is a problem!
  • There was much shouting at QCF during lunch ;)

We had one crash up front, but I think that had more to do with the Xbox updating its XNA loader and then trying to go right into the game. Worked fine after that.

So have you guys entered this in any comps besides DBP yet? IndieCade has just ended, but could see this being a blast to play at the festival next year. Basically, anywhere you can see the game being up on a big screen with 4 controllers and a crowd nearby. Total hit.

And yeah, I just heard about the lack of codes today, that's just plain weak. Your "how to find the game" thing still blows me away. Everyone will start doing this, watch.

Also, youtube videos with audio tracks of people actually playing the game pls. Make it obvious that it's a scream-y, shout-y affair of glee :)

• Haha that's an interesting idea! Our various multiplayer playtests also had a tendency to get the players shouting and cheering!

We've entered Ninja Crash into IGF.
  • Indiegames.com is watching! Go comment how fun the game is :)