Gaming Development

edited in General
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in potentially having some games developed and would like to ask for what the approximate development cost for games for example:

1) Bro-Force

2) Simple 2-team football game

For a dedicated gaming system running:

X-Box platform 1
64 MB RAM
CPU 733 Mghz
233 Mhz MV2A graphics card
10 Gb hard drive
HDMI & component for output to TV

If you prefer to drop me an email rather let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Are you talking about Xbox development here? If so, that's a pretty huge modifier on any costing.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Broforce's dev budget is well into the millions by now.
  • edited
    Broforce's development costs are at least 2.5 Million Rand at a conservative estimate. And we're not done yet.

(I don't think we're a particularly cost effective development studio, but the only way it Broforce could be significantly cheaper is if we started with a lot more experience, which wasn't really an option)

I'm not too sure how you target the XBox One. My understanding is that XBox One is invitation only. And there's only something like 100 indie games that have been invited so far.

You've got to either A ) Be making an obvious smash hit or B ) have made a hit game in the past or C ) have made a game which is already quite successful on other platforms.

I suspect most of the indie games being admitted onto the XBox One are projects that would have cost between 1.5 and 10 million Rand to be developed in South Africa.

There are a few indie games with lower budgets going to XBox one, but they've usually won acclaim at awards (like IGF) which paved their way for the XBox One team to pick them up. Earning acclaim from awards or press as a very small game isn't something you can budget for though.
  • edited
    Not that it really makes a difference, but those look like the specs for the original Xbox.