Kewl Incredible District

edited in Projects
Hi, I'm Nick and this is my first post here!

This is a game I recently completed called KiD:

www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

I can't afford any marketing for it, but I am online every night and if I see you online I will join you and spoil you! because it's really fun with users!

Also.... if you can afford a salary for me, you can hire me to make your dream, I can do larger games in a better position!

Enjoy!

Comments

• Welcome back. Again :)

Please note that, given your previous outbursts on other forums, we're watching you quite closely. Also note that nobody here is going to try and attack you, if anything, people will criticise your games in the hope of helping you improve them, but that's about it.

So, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while: Where does your style come from? Your games always seem to have similar touchstones - bright, sometimes even garish colours, non-standard interfaces and I don't think I've ever seen you use a follow camera. What decisions lead to your games being so consistently similar?
  • Hello, welcome!

You looking for any particular feedback on your game, or just showing the world to get their thoughts? (or looking for work, which is totally a legit thing to do here :p that's how I got my current job anyway ;) )

You seem to imply that you want to sell it or make it profitable or something (only because you mention marketing in your post, makes me think you want to take the game further, perhaps?) Just want to know, it being a side project or serious project changes the sort of feedback that could be given. What's your plan with it?
  • dislekcia : my style come from a few things, first of all I am one guy and MMORPG is a massive project, in fact all my games since 2008 have been large scale, secondly, I don't like grey looking games, they bore me to death and I love colour! thirdly, old school 3D all looks the same to me, so I have added a Bloom effect to both brighten up the game and create more detail, this is probably the reason you think I use the same "style" I don't really. fourthly, the user has dynamic control over colour, and this applies to all objects in the game from the character, accessories to the world and sky box. fifthly it has to run in real time on standard hardware. I hope this answers your question.

raxter : atm I am looking for anything, remember I can't choose what lies in the future and any opportunities are welcome whether it be profit from the game, or being hired to make a game (or part of a game), and yes I am serious. so the short answer to you question is "anything is cool" if you want to look at it like a serious project is cool, but it's made with free stuff, my own skill, time and zero cash!

Thanks for reading guys!
  • Have you got a goal for a home for the game like putting it on Steam or similar? You could Greenlight it and get a lot of player feedback (although I doubt as constructive as here).

I got the game downloaded and I'm going to record my session later tonight.