The Epic Adventures of Pug

edited in Projects
Right, I figure I should probably start a thread here and get involved in things. Firstly, I would like to point out the all important information that is, like Jon Snow, "I know nothing". I am completely ignorant. My head is filled with spinning lights and confusions. Theraputic, wonderful stuff.

So for a start, I've decided to go with a silly game whose sole purpose is teaching me things. This game is all about figuring stuff out and therefore I feel it is important to focus on the silly. What is this game?

The Epic Adventures of Pug.

So we have a pug. He runs around, jumps on platforms etc. etc. collecting bones and toys and whatnot that randomly appear. He runs back and deposits them into his dog box for points. The kicker? There are EVIL cats! Evil I tell you! They sneak their way to the dog box to steal his toys. If a cat makes it out of the area of play, game over. The dog can chase and bark at the cats to chase them away from his toys.

I am an artist, so I'm starting this with art. My main focus here is learning how to put the sprite sheets together and all that wonderful stuff. I might do some coding, but it also might make my head explode.

Right... oh 2D... this will be 2D.

So if anyone has any starting point advice on arty stuff would be awesome. Like I said, I know nothing, so right now I don't even know what questions to ask, except, ALL THE QUESTIONS.

Here, have a silly pug:

Comments