Deet A Co-Op Platform Game

edited in Projects
Hey Guys, I was requested to put my game "Deet" on the forums
It is currently in development and does NOT have co-op yet

Feel free to comment what you think of it and also give me some tips?
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?71b3gjsnx65632y
Thanked by 1Merrik

Comments

• So what @MoodyCake isn't telling you is that he's in Grade 7 ;)
    Thanked by 2MoodyCake Merrik
  • dislekcia said:
    So what @MoodyCake isn't telling you is that he's in Grade 7 ;)
    Yes that is correct :D
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • Was a pretty cool game!
  • edited
    hey great stuff!
    When I was in grade 7 I think I was still err... eating dirt... so all things considered this is a very impressive start.

My thoughts:

When the player dies, you might want to add some "proto juice" just to indicate the player has died (think about what happens when little Mario touches a turtle in Mario Bros :P) Same sort of thing apply to finishing a level successfully. These kind of things are quick to implement roughly, and really help to contextualize whats going on to the player (that being said, don't go overboard with it at an early stage).

On a technical note I noticed the shadow resolution seems to reset to low res on a second play-through. Do you reload the whole scene on restart, or do you have a method to put the game back into a "start" state?

keep it up!

• Really cool concept, and already a playable game which looks like something! Good work on that!
    Runs nice and fast. Loved the clouds and grass, which give depth to your world.

Some suggestions:
    1. I was not sure when I finished a level, it seemed like I got to a second level and then just repeated that. Could be I just didn't see the twist, but it felt like something went wrong with the green box and I kept playing level 2?
    2. I love the grass, give me more!
    3. When I was done, I didn't know how to exit game. I played in fullscreen HD.

Starting this early in your life, will be a great advantage! I wish I had such tools when I was your age.
    At your age I was still playing with this, which I still have :)
    Tomy Turbo
  • hey great stuff!
    When I was in grade 7 I think I was still err... eating dirt... so all things considered this is a very impressive start.

My thoughts:

When the player dies, you might want to add some "proto juice" just to indicate the player has died (think about what happens when little Mario touches a turtle in Mario Bros :P) Same sort of thing apply to finishing a level successfully. These kind of things are quick to implement roughly, and really help to contextualize whats going on to the player (that being said, don't go overboard with it at an early stage).

On a technical note I noticed the shadow resolution seems to reset to low res on a second play-through. Do you reload the whole scene on restart, or do you have a method to put the game back into a "start" state?

keep it up!

I reload the whole scene on restart, and good idea :D