AMA - Microsoft General Manager Zoaid Hoosen

edited in Events
As part of the community night in JHB this month, MIcrosoft GM Zoaid Hoosen will be speaking between 18:00 and 18:20 (i.e. Just before our session) and has invited all the communities that attend the community night to submit questions.

If you have anything to ask please post your question here. We need to submit the questions to Dave before the event.

Comments

• I will not be attending but I would like to know when we are going to get xone dev kits.

Maybe there is someone who is attending that would also like to know that.
  • Have you asked for a dev kit? They're not commonly made freely available
  • edited
    As far as I know we were told that we should look to the overseas people to get devkits cause MS SA doesnt have them. YET
  • XBone Devkits are only available through the ID@Xbox program, aren't they? I don't see why local MS would ever be given XBone devkits to hand out - it's not like they had X360 devkits to give to developers either (and X360 was waaay more involved in SA).

I think a good question to ask would be how MS SA plans to support the local game development scene in terms of distribution support and access to international MS development programmes in the future.
  • I'd like to ask if Visual Studio's CodeLens can be made available to other SKU's. It's such a good addition to the toolset but wasted only being available in Ultimate.
  • As far as I know we were told that we should look to the overseas people to get devkits cause MS SA doesnt have them. YET
    We are registered for ID@Xbox. They dishing out dev kits as they become available, which is not very often. The program had a lul but recently Microsoft has picked it up a notch getting some more people involved in the program.
  • Possibly record the talk and post a link here for those interested and unable to attend?
  • Hi All, we will be recording the session for those who cant make it and I will make sure they address the questions being asked.
  • Honestly, I'd like to know if Microsoft is ever gonna release a new edition of Office for Mac. But that's an irrelevant question that he probably won't have an answer to :)