I was watching Day9, and he said this...

edited in General
...and it made me happy.

[edit] Bah, the forum's Youtube parser seems to ignore the time skipping, unless I'm doing it wrong. :/ Skip to 20:30.

Thanked by 3Fengol wogan raxter

Comments

• The parser is incredibly primitive and doesn't support skipping
  • As a potentially slight derailment to the main topic, does anyone here watch professional Starcraft 2 games on a regular basis? I love it, always wanted to get together for a big event with some drinks or whatever and watch with ppl who also like watching SC2 ^_^

Maybe for the Blizzcon SC2 event?

P.S: not that into hearthstone tho :p
    Thanked by 1Riocide
  • I'm a crappy player (I don't play nearly enough, but I have fun when I do), but I really enjoy watching streams. For the past year or so I haven't really been able to because I've had horrible internet -- but I recently moved house, and I've been able to again. :)

But I particularly like watching Day9's stuff because I find it really insightful, whether he's explaining a SC2 strat or playing HL2.
  • yeah, always liked his commentary in general! lol I haven't actually played Starcraft since Broodwar! But I still love watching it... Starcraft 2 and 5 day test cricket... #onlysportsIlike
  • @raxter The pro SC2 games can get intense! And there's nothing quite like watching it with friends who appreciate the finer points of a good early-game economic harassment tactic ;)
  • Thanks for that @Elyaradine, I liked the obvious frustration with the question, but also how he's like "Who cares if it's fair, do the hard thing and get better".

@raxter: I used to play and watch a lot of SC2. Always been a big RTS fan, played in comps locally too, herp derp (widow mines pretty-much ended my desire to play SC2 though, just, no). I'd watch some SC2 games over drinks somewhere for sure. We used to do that at OC before it turned completely into a leech-fest. Although these days I tend to watch a lot of LoL, I really like how the league structure they've got going for the pro teams means that there's always new games and new rivalries I want to watch each week. I kinda hated the droughts between good tournaments that meant SC2 matches would get scarce.
  • dislekcia said:
    (widow mines pretty-much ended my desire to play SC2 though, just, no).
    Widow mines!