Our first official Android game: Pigs Divide

edited in Projects
Hey People,

Check out our first mobile game, Pigs Divide. It's main target is kids, but I'm sure every grown up will enjoy it too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roundpixl.pigsdivide

Navigate through mazes, avoid deadly obstacles and bring loved ones together. Solve 27 puzzles at your own pace or compete for first place against friends!
GAME FEATURES:
★ 3 themes each with its own villains, obstacles and scoring items
★ Navigate the Pig family and their friends using your phone's accelerometer
★ 8 achievements to unlock

It is made by myself, Cornelius Rautenbach (programmer) and my friend, Elizabeth Groenewald (artist).
Feel free to drop us comments, criticism or compliments at roundpixl (at) gmail (dot) com.

Also, do any of you know where we can get more awareness of our new game? Is there a South African portal for mobile games?

Thanks!!
Cornelius

Comments

• Hey, this looks cool. I'll charge up my Android when I get back to the office and give it a try.
    What did you make this in?

I released a little remake on Android a while back and posted on MyBroadband, which managed to get quite a few downloads and reviews. It definitely isn't a "South African Portal for mobile games", but it is a start.
  • Hey roguecode,

Thanks a lot for the advice! We will give it a go.
    As far as what we made it in: We used libgdx (http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/) as the development framework (it supports desktop, android, ios, blackberry and html 5). And for the physics we used Box2d and Box2d lights. All coded in Java using the Eclipse IDE.
  • I made a few games using libgdx, it's good until you switch to Unity :)

Game looks good, are the levels procedural or designed?
  • Critic, hehe, I have only heard good things about Unity. Thanks for the compliment! The levels are all designed. Its only the trees, hedges etc. that change on every load to keep it interesting.