[RELEASE] Awesome Space Shooter

edited in Projects
Hey guys, I know I have been on the quiet side but hopefully things will calm down my side so I can join another "Meet Up". ANYHOO..

I finally published my 2nd Android game, Awesome Space Shooter (A.S.S.).. starting with iOS build this weekend.

If you guys like it, please Rate (5 stars hopefully haha) and share if you want. THANKS

Direct Play Store link :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guineapixel.awesomespaceshooter

Home Page link :
http://guinea-pixel.com/app/awesome-space-shooter/

Video link :

Comments

• Congrats on releasing your game!

Do you want any feedback on the game or the marketing content? Or is IOS going to be the same deal?

(I ask because sometimes games get launched on Android first to test the reception, but it doesn't seem like you want feedback at this point)
    Thanked by 1guineapixel
  • @BlackShipsFilltheSky thank you!

Feedback is more thank welcome. I'm getting some good game ideas from my friends that will be part of my next Android update...and then I will release it for iOS.

Game and marketing feedback... fire away please :)
  • I just played through a bit.
    Really enjoying it. The upgrades are a bit expensive (which sort of gives the feeling that you need to spend money to come even close to beating the game) but very effective.

I love the insta-jump to where you touch the screen. That is a great and beautiful thing.

The only thing from my side is that everything is a little small on screen, especially with your finger on screen all over the place so I don't get to really appreciate the great art.

All in all - Awesome game. Will play for many hours still.
  • @CodeCthulhu Thanks! :) So glad you're enjoying it!

I am currently busy making updates, fine tuning coin-collection to playing-time ratio, polishing the "freemium" mechanic, adding more upgrades, bombs, power-ups, rockets etc.

Somebody told me the same thing yesterday, that it's a bit small on some mobile devices.. not 100% sure how I can get around that, but I will see if I can get something to make it a bit more 'visible' on smaller screens.

Thanks again for trying it :), cheers
  • I played the game during the weekend – it’s really cool :)

I agree with what was mentioned in previous posts - I did find the UI buttons to be a bit small - If you made the buttons bigger (the buttons that appear on the top right of the screen) and Play, Survival and Leaderboard more prominent as buttons. Try keep everything the same size where possible :)

Also, have you considered having your ship slightly in front of where you press on your screen so you can see it?

I’m just knit-picking but as an overall game its quite addictive!
  • @PatrickDN Cool :) Thanks for the feedback, really helps a lot!

I am placing the spaceship a bit more in-front of the user's touch position... I guess that will differ in "actual" size dependent on device. I can push it a bit more, and it will make it a bit easier to play.

I will definitely re-look the main menu GUI and do some polishing. So glad you like it man.

Please let me know if you any other suggestions, as I am busy with a little to-do list.

Cheers :)
  • All good man - I'll try play it when ever I get a gap and see if there is anything else I pick up. Look forward to the updates.
    Thanked by 1guineapixel
  • RELEASED FOR iTUNES - so guys with iPhones iPads etc. please check it out and let me know.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awesome-space-shooter/id965968401

Just a quick update on this - I have done some tweaks to game-play features nothing super major. At least I have learned a lot regarding xcode and unity3d, AppStore assets and the entire journey to push a game to the iOS store.

I have also read a few articles regarding Android First (e.g. http://stevecheney.com/why-android-first-is-a-myth/).. so all future games I do will have a proper community building "theme" with a decent marketing plan and launch date...with iOS first in mind. (my android version was cracked in the first week of launch)

I have 40,000+ downloads on the Android store, hopefully iOS will catch up :)

Cheers