South African Google Admob payment threshhold

After last nights talk I did some searching and I believe we can get paid out for ad mobs. If not why would they have South Africa listed here.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/2772208?hl=en

Am I wrong in this understanding? Does anyone else have any information regarding this topic?

Also awesome to hear that they are talking with Google about allowing us to sell our games and in-game content. Whoop whoop, can't wait!

Comments

• Have you looked at Leadbolt, they let me know since their founding fathers where from SA, they will pay us...and it is also the HTML5 ad provider of choice...however I think they only work on mobile, and not desktop.
  • Ye you can. Its just google play that doesnt
  • I'm thinking of making all my games free on Google Play and integrate Ads, will this then work for payouts with Admob as per OP?

Or do any of you recommend other advertising agencies for this monetisation strategy?
  • edited
    Boysano said:
    I'm thinking of making all my games free on Google Play and integrate Ads, will this then work for payouts with Admob as per OP?

Or do any of you recommend other advertising agencies for this monetisation strategy?

Hey guys

yea i was very concern When that guy (i never got his name) mention this. so i was up all night doing some research.

this is my findings:

Whats nice about adMob is that all the companies are biding against each other to fill advert slots. And what adMob does is combines all of them for you. so they manage it for you. as you can see in my own game there is a huge list of ad networks to choose from and you can add them all at the same time. all you have to do is make and account with each advert provider.

and over here you can see how I'm making them bid against each other.

at the end of the day you still need to ad each companies api to your code in order for adMob to make use of all the different bids.

So basically I've decided to do the following:
    i am going to use iAD for my apple games and unity advert for my android games. i watched the GDC conference when unity presented and sounds like there advert program sounds very lucrative.

Unity ads only advertise games so the way i see it. a consumer of a games market will most probably be more intrigued to click on game adverts because thats the sort of thing that they are most interested in. i know this is sounds extremely vague. but..... maybe......

So these are my thoughts regarding whats going.

what do you think? am i on the right track to a solution of maybe just forgetting about adMob and making use of other advert providers?

i would love to hear your thoughts on this

SZ
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.29.43 AM.png
    371 x 751 - 69K
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.33.35 AM.png
    1678 x 433 - 78K
  • And just to add

if you don't ad all the different companies adMob only makes use of google adverts. so you have to go through the pain staking process of registering with each companies because you need a unique id for your game. so to truly make adMob work for you really need to do this in order to make them bid against higher slots.

well, i think thats how it works
  • Ad buddiz is also another group you can go with. They pay out nicely and have great game related ads to show in your game.
  • I just received this in the mail. in it was a password for my adsense account which allows me to give me bank details. i thought that there was an issue. why would they send me something in the post if they don't cater for South Africa?image
    IMG_2708.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Adsense is not the same as people buying apps through Google Play. It's that we have problems with in SA.
  • Tuism said:
    Adsense is not the same as people buying apps through Google Play. It's that we have problems with in SA.
    I love how often people get confused over this.

Yes, you can get paid for showing other people's ads. No, you can't get paid for selling your actual apps.
  • dislekcia said:
    Tuism said:
    Adsense is not the same as people buying apps through Google Play. It's that we have problems with in SA.
    I love how often people get confused over this.

Yes, you can get paid for showing other people's ads. No, you can't get paid for selling your actual apps.
    Exactly. Currently we see about R1/user/week With Admob, but the ads content is limited so mediation we hope will be a good way to show more ads variety...still have to set it up.

Threshold is R1000 for SA payouts directly into your bank account.
  • NDDDave said:
    After last nights talk I did some searching and I believe we can get paid out for ad mobs. If not why would they have South Africa listed here.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/2772208?hl=en

Am I wrong in this understanding? Does anyone else have any information regarding this topic?

Also awesome to hear that they are talking with Google about allowing us to sell our games and in-game content. Whoop whoop, can't wait!
    A year and a month later, and there is no progress in Google adding South Africa to their Merchant account list. This is a real inconvenience if you're planning to port to both iOS and Android. I just sent them an Email now regarding the issue. Hope it's fixed soon
  • There are quite a few threads on the forums with info on this. Here are recent ones I found quickly (there was another very pertinent one, but cannot find it now):

http://makegamessa.com/discussion/3904/android-game-development
    http://makegamessa.com/discussion/3972/publishers-w-payments-for-south-africa-android-game-developers
  • @BrainRoast, I'm curious as to how you found this particular, very old thread and not any of the others that mention Google Merchant Accounts in much more detail. What did you search for?