[Event] Cape Town Community Night - 25th March

edited in Events
When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Wednesday 25th March

Where: Miao, at 20 JARVIS STREET, DE WATERKANT, CAPE TOWN

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda:
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)
- Games for Change talk feedback/thoughts - @MNRosa
- Cadence Kickstarter Post-mortem ~ @TheFuntastic
- A Day in the Woods Trailer and Hype - @dammit

- Focused Feedback (10 min slots) x3
- Open Demo Floor

This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

Indicate your attendance on the Facebook event!

Comments

• Can we have a slot to just show off our final trailer (with music from JumpShipMusic) for A Day in the Woods? And a few minutes to punt the game before it launches in the app store early april :D
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • I've been invited to speak at the 12th Annual Games for Change Festival in New York next month (http://gamesforchange.org/festival/) so it would be great to get some feedback from the community as to what it might like for me to include in my talk. My genearl aim will be to promote my company, Formula D, and the gaming industry in South Africa.
  • A couple of us should be there. We'd like to do some playtesting of some of our new Broforce features after and before the meetup.
  • We'll be bringing the DD mobile build. Again. I doubt we'll have tutorials ready by then, but we should have most of the interface stable at least. Would really like to test that out :)
    Thanked by 2FanieG Bensonance
  • I would dig to a kickstarter postmortem/feedback session (with a smattering of GDC/SXSW feedback). It's a topic that is at the front of my mind right now, and I think it would benefit me to formalise my thoughts. Also it's good to for everyone to hear stories of failure and to try learn from them.
  • I would dig to a kickstarter postmortem/feedback session (with a smattering of GDC/SXSW feedback). It's a topic that is at the front of my mind right now, and I think it would benefit me to formalise my thoughts. Also it's good to for everyone to hear stories of failure and to try learn from them.
    I think this is brave to do and also will give some really important information to the community that we might not have had shared with us before

Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • @dammit cool!

@MNRosa Sounds great! My thoughts would be to talk about the specific challenges of making serious games for SA (feature phones etc.) and how that ties into what topics can be addressed digitally vs. analogue?

@TheFuntastic That would be so useful, methinks!
  • Is there anybody going past UCT that could possibly give me a lift there/back? I live in residence (on Woolsack Drive, just below UCT) or I can be on campus/Rondebosch Main Road/whatever's convenient for anybody.
    Would be very much appreciated!
  • Anyone volunteering to hang out at the old venue and redirect people to the new one? Unfortunately, I can't do this...
  • dammit said:
    Anyone volunteering to hang out at the old venue and redirect people to the new one? Unfortunately, I can't do this...
    Donovan has organised with the security there to redirect people to Miao :)
    Thanked by 2Fengol dammit
  • edited
    Awesome meetup gang! My post on it is up here.

Stoked for the next one!