Who does custom Gaming & Dev Rigs - Cape Town

Hi Everyone,

My desktop PC & primary development environment has finally kicked the bucket. I knew it was due for upgrade for a while now, however my hand's been forced to do this immediately.

It's actually been quite some time since I had a new desktop machine and I'd like to get myself something fairly high end where I can dev & game & obviously test high end, high quality new games my team and I are working on.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place, in Cape Town, that can quote & build something decent for me without me needing to know too much about hardware itself (which isn't my forte - and after doing some initial research I've realized I'm way too lagged with regards to keeping up with newer hardware).

Thanks,
Clive

Comments

• I recently bought one from Evetech and the service and delivery was great.
    evetech.co.za/
    Thanked by 2clive wogan
  • Thanks @vintar, I've needed this as well!
  • Just FYI, I bought this rig and added windows (which they installed and tested everything) and its perfect :

evetech.co.za/Computer-systems/intel-core-i7-gtx-960-quad-core-custom-built-gaming-pc-84.aspx
    Thanked by 1clive
  • @vintar I see they're in JHB should I be nervous about delivery & damage? How does it get to Cape Town?

Thanks
  • edited
    @clive I`m in Durban and it got to me just fine. Registered courier, I was so excited I tracked it all the way here :D

Heres how it came : image
    Thanked by 2Fengol clive
  • Thanks @vintar - My only remaining concern then is what if something goes wrong - ie: returns etc.

I'm a bit old fashioned that way. I really like a store-front (or equivalent) that I can walk into with a human I can chat to about "what went wrong".

Are there really no decent suppliers of gaming rigs in Cape Town though? I find that really surprising.
  • @clive I think you need to join the new century; digital communication is where it's at! Why don't you give Evetech a call and speak to them about your concerns? Maybe they already have an answer for you.

I must admit I'm now searching under the couch cushions for spare bucks to buy a gaming rig. I want to play some games with pretty graphics turned up higher than Low
  • edited
    @clive I bought all my components from Landmark Computers - > http://landmarkpc.co.za/store/
    They are based in Pinelands. Their prices are very competitive.

I built the PC myself, but the guys and Landmark were very helpful. I'm sure they will be able to help you out with a custom rig.
    Thanked by 1clive
  • Woot, thanks @oomjan. :) I build my PC myself too, but it's nice to have some place to take it in case I run into something beyond me. They seem to have decent prices too.
  • My normal go-to for hardware is Cafe Viva in Claremont ( http://www.cafeviva.co.za/ ). They're more for getting bits 'n pieces though. What I was hoping to find is someone willing to spec a custom rig based on a budget and a few must-have requirements.
  • I suppose what I could always do is pull a slightly "dirty" move and use evetech's specs and take a printout to Cafe Viva. That feels a little slimy though ... but hey.
  • clive said:
    I suppose what I could always do is pull a slightly "dirty" move and use evetech's specs and take a printout to Cafe Viva. That feels a little slimy though ... but hey.
    Nothing wrong with that, but you'll never get the same price.
  • edited
    Super-happy EveTech customer here. I tried matching components with other vendors, but they were either missing some components, or came in more expensive - and that's before EveTech's 2-year warranty.
    Thanked by 1clive