eLearning, GIZ Gamify It Hackaton

Hi Guys, it was nice to represent South Africa at the eLearning Conference for a Hackaton on Gamifying a problem for social good. Good news is that my team won the challenge and we will be presenting the social game we build ( with me responsible to build it in Unity) in Germany later this year.
We are building a Unity3D Devs and artist community for Africa, and we have started with a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/388342261375015/?fref=nf Which I would like to encourage everyone to jump in, share and connect with other fellow Devs and designers in Africa to see the competition, be inspired an find potential collaboration. hope to get you guys there.

"Picture: the team, AfriONE, with the fascilator brainstorming on our solution. our team was comprised of Madagascar, Guana, South Africa & Kenya"
afriONE.jpg
960 x 664 - 86K

Comments

• Awesome! And congratulations :) Can you tell us more about the game you made?
  • The Game is actually a learning experience. Our challenge was to find a engagin way using technology to fight tribalism. So our game takes you in a village enviroment without you knowing which village you in. you have to learn about their customs , music and language then you get to the Chief's house and you have to apply the learning by Responsing with the correct greeting, the combination of the cooking and select the correct music to play for the chief. The game is 3D, and we had it done for google cardboard virtual reality as well.

Attached is a picture showing the judges testing.
    11297230_992509717450238_1790785664_o.jpg
    2048 x 1365 - 175K