[Event] PlayDev - Sunday 31th May

edited in Events
Hello everyone,

We're hosting a jamming session with free coffee(WHAT?!) and internet at the Microsoft offices in Bryanston Johannesburg on the 31th of May this coming Sunday at midday.

When: Sunday, 31 May 2015 from 12:00
Where: Microsoft Campus Bryanston, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg

Like the ShaderBash before it, this will be a casual meet up where people can chat, develop and interact with other devs face-to-face. Bring your prototypes, your concepts or your finished games in need of some perspective and let's get stuff done!

There is no official agenda for this one. We could revisit shaders or any other topic that you've been yearning to explore.

If there is enough demand for something in this thread we can officially designate that topic for the day, but there is more than enough slack to just come along and do your own thing while there.

So far we have 3 confirmed, but let's make this a party. Celebration or raiding, your choice!

Comments

• edited
    OK, change of plan folks. It's gonna be Sunday, not Saturday this week. Starting at midday. I'm sorry for the confusion this change might cause.

[Edit] Actually this might be a good place to ask which weekend day better suits people. Perhaps we can switch it every weekend or so to maximize attendance possibilities for maximal community involvement.
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • Definitely up for Sunday!

If anybody wants in on this idea...
    I'll be posting a freeware-share of my grass billboard shader. Think Tall long grass in front of your face! All over the landscape....
    It'll be crude and the code is messy, but it works and it is real easy (drag and drop) to implement.
    I slapped together a sample demo in less than five minutes.

Anyway, peeps will be welcome to modify/use it... (with or without accreditation...)
    If anybody would like to play around with it before Sunday, and ask me questions, they are welcome to.
    So as soon as Load shedding ends. 22:300 tonight. I'll upload on a seperate thread.

I'll be sure to include the sample project.
    The source code
    And the Built executable demos for both MAC and Windows.
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • Thanks @Pierre.

That could be a fascinating topic for us to focus on. Thank you for releasing an entire working project as well. That's great.
  • Really enjoying these impromptu meetups, getting a lot out of them personally :)
    Thanked by 2Pierre Asbestos
  • Really want to start joining up for these, alas I am already booked for things this Sunday.
    Will hopefully be there for the next. :)
    Thanked by 1Asbestos
  • Yeah, I'm all for these jams! Though I may not make tomorrow, I'm still keeping my eye on them whenever they come up!
    Thanked by 1Asbestos