D: Kerbang Space Program

A shameless (not to mention simple, inaccurate and cheap) rip-off of Kerbal Space Program. Fire your left and right thrusters to get from one planet to the next.

Download: Download v0.0
Download: Download v0.1

Directions:
In the Menu
Z or M - Start the game

In the Game
Z - Fire left thruster
M - Fire right thruster

Changelog:
v0.1
Changed alien land to circular moon
Removed ability to land :(
Add dials show velocity and gravity directions
Doubled space shuttle speed
Made map edges teleport shuttle to opposite side of the map
v0.0
Can "land" on each planet and ship faces the right way to take off.

TODO:
* Obstacles
* Win Conditions
* Animations
* Fix location of thrusters
* Fix touching planents
* More interesting scenery
* Whatever else I can think of...
screenshot00.png
800 x 600 - 20K
Thanked by 1Tuism

Comments

• I really like this idea!

Reminds me a bit of how it was when one would have to land on planets in EV Nova (One of my favorite games of all time). I also enjoy the colorful aesthetic :)

I haven't played Kerbal Space Program, What are the other gameplay elements to it? What else are you planning on implementing :)

Would it be out of line for me to request a Mac version of the game? I don't know what you used to make this and wouldn't know how much trouble it would be.
  • I used GameMaker and I don't have a Mac to give you a build but I can see about a web deploy
  • Cool idea! I haven't played Kerbal, but who cares, it's about a space program :) I like the mechanic here, it seems so simple yet there seems to be so much you can do with it, dodging things and stuff like that. Also if you can do variable gravity that'd be awesome - like having two globular planets, each exerting its own gravity according to distance and stuff. I wanted to do something like that once upon a time but my maths was too poor to implement anything but straight down gravity XD

Go 2 buttons go! :D
  • A new version is available on the first post

v0.1
    Changed alien land to circular moon
    Removed ability to land :(
    Add dials show velocity and gravity directions
    Doubled space shuttle speed
    Made map edges teleport shuttle to opposite side of the map

I found myself not playing with the controls any more, instead playing with art and world effects. So I'm ending this prototype and going to work on something that's more focused on a combination of controls.
  • The game is cool...the physics is impressive :)